Saturday, March 3, 2012

In Lust With: Joseph Turvey AW12 Collection


After i watched the video of the Joseph Turvey AW12 show, the towering figure of the designer who sort of dwarfs the two male models who came out with him is stuck in my head. I try to link a couple of images or other sensory perceptions to give it some sense then something clicks. That towering image sort of reflect the impact this collection had on me. I did not get a chance to see all the mens show but i've read all the reviews and watched all the shows and of all of them, Joseph Turvey and 3 other labels are the ones that i recollect best.



The designer sent all the right vibes out for his Eponymous label's debut show under the Vauxhall Fashion Scout umbrella. Never seen illustration find its way onto clothes and make the clothes their home, some of the garments seemed like sartorial portraits. I liked how the illustration and print on some of the shirts matched the shorts and trousers. That was a well thought out aesthetic that did not get lost in translation.

I'd never seen a more appealing use of lace for menswear and I'm not trying to sound corny, its just the lain truth. I'd never wear lace but I'd consider this.








I want this backpack



In major lust with these raglan sleeve crew neck peek a boo jumpers, they're are the best things since Kitkat and i bet I'd derive more pleasure from them than even an orgasm...lol ok exaggerating but you get my point.





Video
Ones To Watch - Joseph Turvey AW12-13 Catwalk Show from VAUXHALL FASHION SCOUT on Vimeo.

No comments:

Take note!!!

Terencesambowrites.blogspot.com claims no credit for any images featured on this site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyright to it's respectful owners. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear here, please contact me and they will be promptly removed.