The words ‘double denim’ have, until recently, sent shudders down the spines of most self-respecting fashion types. As you’re reading this, images are probably popping into your head of 80s perms, girl band B*Witched in their C’est La Vie video or — worse still — Justin and Britney wearing matching double denim at the VMAs.
But things are changing…
Double Denim Day (#DDD)
Double denim is no longer a fashion faux pas. Here at Burton, we’re encouraging everyone to embrace double denim by having a Double Denim Day when anything goes.
About our Double Denim Day campaign:
· We’re daring the nation to have a Double Denim Day, where they match as many denim items as they like – and we’re encouraging people to dare their friends to outdo each other on the denim stakes for two weeks until midnight on 4th March.
· They can then vote for their winner on Burton’s Double Denim Facebook app from 6th March until midnight on 11th March.
· A shrine to double denim (or perhaps a hall of horrors!) will be erected on the Burton homepage with our favourite looks
· We’ll be showcasing pictures of people sporting the double denim look on our Facebook App
· We’ll be retweeting the best double denim outfits, horror stories and photos along with the hashtag #DDD
· We’re handing out a £300 voucher to spend at Burton or with any of the Arcadia Group brands (Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, BHS, Evans, Topman, Outfit, Miss Selfridge) for the photo that we feel embraces the spirit behind Double Denim Day the most
The Competition: rules and prizes
· The final closing date for entries is 11.59pm (GMT) on 4/3/13 and all entries must be received on or before that date.
· The winner will be chosen by public vote in the last week of the competition from 5/3/13 until 11.59pm (GMT) on 11/3/13
· The winner will be notified by 12/3/13